Privacy & Data Protection
We shall never sell your information and Quaichshop will only share your information with organisations that we work with in order to fulfil your purchase.
When we talk about “we,” “our,” or “us” in this Policy, we are referring to Quaichshop. Our offices are located at Quaichshop, 17c Seton Place, Edinburgh EH9 2JT, Scotland.
1. The collection of personal data
Personal data is any data which may identify you, or be identified as relating to you. For example, your name, address, phone number and email address. We shall sometimes need to collect this information. We shall only collect the personal data we need.
We may collect personal data when you fill in your details during the online ordering process, when we process an order by phone, or when you fill in an enquiry form on our website.
2. In addition we also collect the following:
- technical information, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, login information, browser type and version, time zone and setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full URL and the pages and products you viewed during your visit, any search terms entered on our site, length of time spent on each page and page interaction information, the URL you came from and your browsing history, the city and country you accessed our site from, page response times, download errors, page interaction information, any telephone number used to call our customer service number
3. The use of personal data
We only use your data:
- if you have given us your consent to do so
- where it necessary for the performance of a contract with us to which you are party
- if the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- if the processing is necessary for carrying out the legitimate interests of our business
To expand, we use your information:
- to administer user accounts
- to respond to comments, questions, and queries you have raised with us
- to ensure the security of our site and report incidents
- to respond to requests by relevant authorities
- for research and statistical analysis and improving our offering
4. Disclosure of your personal data
We share data with the following:
- essential service providers: we might engage third party contractors to provide us with goods and services necessary to fulfil your order with us
- law enforcement and legal compliance: we shall cooperate with law enforcement requests. This may include disclosing your personal information to government or law enforcement agencies.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our site. The information Google Analytics utilises is anonymous and aggregated and cannot be used to identify you.
6. Information we collect when you sign up for our newsletter
We may collect your name and email address to keep you informed about our news. We shall only do this if you have given us your consent to send you this information.
7. Retention of your data
Your information will be held in accordance with our Records Management and Retention Policy. We shall keep data relating to our orders on file for a period of 7 years in order to comply with HMRC record keeping guidelines. We may have to keep your data longer than this to comply with a legal or regulatory investigation.
8. Security on our site
We use information systems and data security that ensure we are keeping your data safe. We operate robust procedures and training within our business to ensure the safety of your data.
To process payments we use Worldpay. We never store your card details. When you input your card details online you are communicating directly with Worldpay and we do not have access to those details.
10. Accessing your data
You may make a Subject Access Request and we will respond to this request within 30 days.
11. Changes to this Policy
We will amend this Policy from time to time to ensure it stays up to date. The most up to date version will always be posted on our website.